The last couple of weeks I have been busy on my process project. I chose to make it about the process I went threw to come over to England and start a new life here. I came here for freedom, independence, to push my limits and to stand on my own feet. This made me think about flying birds and butterflies. I also created lately an interest for ceiling art, which with this idea I could explore and experiment with. This is how i came to my project which included me making 8 butterflies a day for 2 weeks.
Why the number 8? Well, I found out that it has become an reoccurring number since I came here.
– My score on the IELTS test was an 8, which was enough for me to come and study in the UK. The start of my adventure.
– I made my official decision to come here in August, which is the 8th month.
– I live in room 8 in the Student Village.
– I live with 8 people who have become over time my little farnham family.
– During freshers month I had a lot of difficulties because I wasn’t allowed in the SU yet as I wasn’t 18 yet. (drinking age is 16 in Belgium)
So after 2 weeks I had made 112 colourful butterflies in different sizes which I wanted to show in a elegant and beautiful way. I got them to fly freely hanging from the ceiling in our studio. So below you can find a range of pictures I took (colour and black&white) of the final piece.
Please comment on this post and let me know what you think. (: xoxo